Today I was not able to completly shutdown a hyper-v virtual machine keeping a never ending “Stopping..” state. Killing the “Virtual Machine Worker Process” was not possible. After restarting the host machine, the VM was still during stopping… state.
I solved the problem by doing the following.
– Use task manager to end the “Virtual Machine Management Service” task
– In the Hyper-V Manager start the service again
– Now all VM’s seems to be turned off now, but the “Virtual Machine Worker Process” still exists
– Delete the VM in the Hyper-V Manager
– Restart the host machine
– Re add the VM in Hyper-V Manager
Good look 🙂