I created a sample project to demonstrate using the SplitView to create a hamburger menu for universal app (Windows 10 apps). I found two other samples online and took what I need from them.
Some features shown in this sample:
- Displaying the back button in the title line
- IsSelected property for navigation items changes the color
- Showing an Options item command on bottom and displaying a OptionsControl (also SplitView)
- Very basic and simple MVVM approach with no additional libraries.
- Custom coloring through resources
- Windows 10 mobile switch added by using VisualStateManager
Look at the screen shots
Next one is showing the options fly out.
This one is showing the back button…
Mobile (small window) mode and different coloring